All uniform items are available and must be purchased from The School Locker, with the exception of shoes.
All uniform items and valuables brought to school must be marked clearly with the student’s name.
The wearing of jewellery is restricted. Boys and girls may wear a watch (or medical bracelet if necessary). A cross, or religious symbol on a simple neck chain is permissible.
All students from Prep to Year 6 are required to use the ergonomically designed, regulation College back pack, which can be purchased from The School Locker. Back pack should have names marked clearly on the outside.
- Students’ hair must be clean, worn neatly and combed off the face
- Extremes of style and colour are NOT PERMITTED (hair colour should be the student’s natural colour). Examples of styles that are NOT PERMITTED – mullet/skullet or similar, top knot or similar, tracks/lines or similar, dread locks or similar, mohawks or similar
- No hair colouring of any description is allowed at St. Michael’s College (unless exceptions are applied for special events)
- Short cuts are to be no shorter than a number 2 (#2) blade - no patterns/tracks/shaved lines.
- To comply with Health and Safety regulations - hair that is collar length (or longer) must be secured in a plain maroon/black hair tie. All hair around the face must be pinned/combed off the face
- Students may wear a simple watch. The wearing of expensive watches is discouraged. Internet enabled smartwatches are not to be worn at the College
- Students may wear a simple chain with a cross, religious or cultural symbol.
- Girls only may wear plain, gold/silver studs or sleepers (one earring per earlobe).
- Jewellery required for a medical purpose may be worn
Plain, black, low-heeled, polished leather, lace-up school shoes are to be worn by all Year 1 to Year 6 students with their formal school uniform. Plain, black, lace-up joggers can be worn with the sports uniform. Shoes must be black with no colour, including black soles. Shoes must be clean and polished at all times. Preps are to wear plain, black, joggers with Velcro all year, and the College sports socks.
While all reasonable care is taken by the College to provide security for personal items, it is impossible to guarantee security of property. Therefore students are strongly advised not to bring valuable personal items, mobile phones, large sums of money or toys to school. Any mobile phone brought to school with parent permission (e.g. as added security for children travelling home by bus), must be kept in Administration during the school day.